Making an application
Applications for any of the funds, including Community Collaborations, Community Hub Activation or the Get to Know Your Neighbours program can be made online via Smarty Grants. Please read the points below for some tips on how to make your application successful.
Step 1- Understand your project
Read through the relevant guidelines to ensure you are aware of all the eligibility requirements.
You will need to consider:
- Is your project eligible for funding?
- How does your project fit within the guidelines?
- How much funding do you require?
- What date does your application need to be submitted?
- Will you have enough time to apply for funding and coordinate a successful project?
Step 2 - Plan your project
Take the time to make sure your know your project inside out.
Gather all of the information you will need to complete your application, including quotes and cost estimates.
Things to consider:
- What is the purpose of your project? What are you trying to achieve?
- How does this fit within the grant guidelines?
- Why is this project needed?
- Who is the project targeted towards? How will you promote it?
- Is there anyone else you can partner with that can contribute to the project?
Please note, events with 100 people or more are required to complete an event application form.
Step 3 - Have a chat to the Team
Contact our Strengthening Communities team on (08) 9205 8555 or email email@example.com
The team will further advise whether your activity is suitable/eligible for funding and forward any information which may assist you to complete your application. Applicants who have spoken with us are more likely to be approved for part or full funding compared with those who do not. We are here to help you get the best outcome for your application.
Step 4 - Complete your funding application
Eligible applicants can apply for grants online via Smarty Grants.
Utilise the information gathered in step 1 to help you complete the application.
Your responses will enable the assessment panel to make their decision. Remember your application is the only information the assessment panel have to understand your project and recommend funding. Make sure you have provided good information to help them do this.
Step 5 - Submit your application
Applications should be submitted within the specified timeframes with all supporting information attached.
We recommend submitting your application prior to the closing date in case we require any additional documents or information.
Any applications received outside of the specified timeframes will not be assessed. Applications submitted with incomplete information or without support documents will compromise the success of their application.