Art and photography awards
This page provides information about the City of Stirling's art and photography awards which are held on alternate years.
Art Awards and Exhibition 2021
The City’s biennial Art Awards and Exhibition will next take place from 29 October to 7 November 2021 and will feature new work from Western Australian artists including those living within the City of Stirling. The Awards and Exhibition will be held at the Civic Centre, Reception Hall, 25 Cedric Street, Stirling and will be open 10.00am - 4.00pm daily.
- Call for entries: Open 9.00am, Wednesday 1 September to 5.00pm Friday 24 September
- Shortlisted Artist notified: by 5.00pm, Friday 8 October
- Awards Presentation and Opening Night (invitation only): Thursday 28 October
- Art Award Exhibition: open 10.00am - 4.00pm daily, Friday 29 October to Sunday 7 November
- Westfield Innaloo People’s Choice announced: Monday 8 November.
The City of Stirling invites submissions of original new work from Western Australian artists for its biennial Art Awards and Exhibition. Entry is via a simple 3-step online process.
Step 1 - Carefully read the Art Awards and Exhibition 2021- Conditions of Entry for full instructions on how to enter, photo and file naming specifications and judging processes before submitting your entry. Incorrect, late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
Step 2 - Register your entry and pay the $20 entry fee via Eventbrite. Entries are open to Western Australian based artists and there is a limit of 1 entry per person.
Step 3 - Check your emails for your Eventbrite confirmation and click on the link provided to upload your JPEG image file. Please note that entries registered without an image cannot be accepted. Entries close: 5.00pm, Friday 24 September.
Art Awards and Exhibition 2021 call for entries - enter now!Enter Here
Awards and prizes
Prizes are awarded for outstanding works from a $15,000 prize pool, with a major Acquisitive Award of $7,500.
- Acquisitive Award $7,500
- Highly Commended Second Place Award $2,500
- Highly Commended Third Place Award $1,500
- New 50th Anniversary ‘Local Visions’ Award $1,000
- Rotary Club of Karrinyup Local Artist Award $1,000
- Jacksons Drawing Suppliers Young Artist Award $1,000
- Westfield Innaloo People’s Choice Award $500.
Artists can enter with works in any medium. Shortlisted artworks will be selected for exhibition.
- Art Awards Exhibition will operate for 10 days
- The Acquisitive Award is now $7,500
- The new 50th Anniversary ‘Local Visions’ Award - featuring people or places within the City of Stirling’s boundaries
- Entry fees (minus the Eventbrite booking fee) will be refunded for unsuccessful submissions not shortlisted for the Art Awards and Exhibition 2021
- The commission for artwork sales has been removed; artists will receive 100% of their advertised sale price
- Extra public programming events and workshops added.
Sign-up to the City’s monthly Arts and Events Newsletter here to receive updates.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, entries open from 1 - 24 September, not August as previously advised via the July Stirling Scene e-newsletter. The City apologises for any inconvenience and we encourage you to check this page for updates.
Size limits for artworks
- The maximum size of Two-dimensional (2D) entries (including frame) will not exceed 1m x 1m. The weight of the entry must not exceed 5kg
- The maximum size of Three-dimensional (3D) sculpture entries should not exceed 80cm x 80cm in any direction. The weight of the entry must not exceed 10kg
- Digital artworks must be no longer than 5 minutes duration, be supplied on an external drive as MP4 files and playable on a standard Windows operating system. There will be a single digital TV screen available in the exhibition space for the presentation of all shortlisted digital works.
Blink Photography Awards 2020
Held every two years, the Blink Photography Awards offer a stunning showcase for innovative and original new works from Australian amateur photographers. Congratulations to our seven award winners for 2020:
- Best Photograph 2020 - Jesse Pretorius with ‘HK Bathers’
- Highly Commended: People Category - Emilio Cresciani with ‘Entrapped’
- Highly Commended: Places Category - Amanda Manning with ‘Australia within Australia’
- Highly Commended: Altered Category - Mitchell Page with ‘Pride’
- Highly Commended: Open Category - Phillip Elliot with ‘Gulp’
- Winner City of Stirling Resident Award - Alan Rodgers with ‘Safe to Dance’
- Best Photograph by a Young Entrant - Annabelle Watling with ‘Remorse’
- People’s Choice Award - Cody Nahirny with ‘Inspired by Platon’.
For more information including queries regarding accessibility and alternative formats, please contact the Arts Project Officer on (08) 9205 8555 or email email@example.com.