Heritage Restoration Grants application form
Use this form to apply for a Heritage Restoration Grant. Please note, only properties on the City's Heritage List are eligible for grants available through the Heritage Incentives Program.
Heritage list status
Terms and conditions
- A schedule of works is to be submitted to the City of Stirling along with this completed Conditions of Funding form. The schedule of works is to document who is carrying out all the works which have received heritage restoration grants funding and the time allocated to complete the works
- The property owner must obtain all necessary planning and building licence/approvals required to carry out the works
- Work must start within six months of the heritage restoration grant funding allocation decision being made and the property owner must notify the City of Stirling of the start date
- The heritage restoration grant funding is allocated and set aside for one year from the date of the receipt of the owner-endorsed Conditions of Funding form. If work is not completed within this timeframe the grants funding may be withdrawn
- Heritage Restoration grants funds will only be spent on the project for which they were applied and approved by the City of Stirling
- The property owner must immediately advise the City of Stirling of any changes to the schedule of works, financial resources and arrangements connected with the project. Should the proof of expenditure not reflect the monies and works as approved on the heritage grants application form and/or schedule of works the following procedures may apply:
- Only a portion of the committed grant will be released to reflect the works actually undertaken
- A written agreement between the City and applicant will be prepared to reallocate the outstanding funds to other approved conservation works.
- The property owner must contact the City of Stirling within 28 days of completion of the project to organise a site inspection by the City’s City Planning staff
- The City of Stirling will not pay the builder/contractor directly. The applicant is required to pay the builder/contractor directly and provide proof of expenditure of the funds to the City of Stirling. The City will then reimburse the applicant for the approved conservation works. Proof of expenditure must be submitted to the City of Stirling no later than 28 days after the completion of the works and shall include:
- Invoice made out to the applicant with appropriate details of the specific work carried out, as outlined in the schedule of works
- Proof of payment by applicant (i.e. a receipt)
- Photographs of the completed works.
- If an extension of the grants funding period is being sought the property owner will notify the City of Stirling in writing not less than 28 days prior to the original completion date of the project
- The City of Stirling reserves the right to use the documentation or conservation works to promote good heritage practice within the City of Stirling.