The E-Business Innovation Grants program aims to encourage business innovation by supporting projects that improve and grow local businesses using technology. Grants can support a range of activities including:
- Enhanced E-Commerce activities
- Online platform, content and app development
- Game development
- Development of smart products and service
- Other activities which address the objective and scope of the program.
For more detail on the program refer to the E-Business Innovation Grants Funding Guidelines.
Applicants will be eligible for only one grant.
Proposals must meet the following:
- The Business must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- employ under 20 full time equivalent staff
- be based in the City of Stirling
- match funding received from the City.
- The Proposal is ready to begin and be completed within the current Financial Year 2022/2023.
A number of exclusions also apply. Please read the E-Business Innovation Grant Guidelines for further information.
The City uses the Smarty Grants system to administer its grants and sponsorship activities.
The application process includes an eligibility check and highlights the need for businesses to at least match the funding requested from the City i.e. you must be prepared to make a contribution to the project to receive a grant from the City.
Eligible applications will be assessed and rated against the following criteria:
- Planning: the application demonstrates how the project aligns with program objective to “develop new innovative processes to the benefit of the business and, or local economy.”
- Viability: the likelihood of the applicant to deliver a product / service that is market ready and financially viable.
- Sustainability: the project develops initiatives that will assist the business to grow and develop and be sustainable post-funding.
- Business improvement: the project results in business innovation using technology to improve the prospects of the business and creates future employment opportunities.
To request an E-Business Innovation Grant from the City apply through Smarty Grants.
Applications close Friday 28 October 2022.