The Business Activation Grants provide financial assistance to eligible businesses affected by COVID-19. These Grants are available to support businesses to:
- Invest in capital works and position their business to benefit from the economic recovery when it happens
- Develop their online and e-commerce capabilities
- Undertake training and professional development to better prepare for return to business activities.
Applications are now closed
The City has allocated a budget of $250,000 for the business activation grants and has received a large number of applications to date. Due to the overwhelming demand, the grant period has now been closed off to new applications as of 3.00pm, Friday 21 August 2020.
- If you have competed and submitted your application it will be assessed for grant funding and there is no need for any further action on your part
- If you have commenced an application but not yet completed, you can still complete and submit the application and it will be assessed for grant funding.
Pending applications will remain open until close of business on 28 August 2020 providing a further 5 working days for you to be able to complete and submit your application.
The assessment process will take account of the City’s eligibility criteria and consider the impact of COVID-19 on the business, the potential economic stimulus of the proposed grant funded activity, and proposed budget.
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application (successful or unsuccessful) once all applications have been assessed.
To complete a commenced application, visit SmartyGrantsClick here