Bubble wrap - clean aluminium foil and trays - cling wrap / glad wrap - glass bottles and jars - long-life milk and juice cartons - loose plastic shopping and cereal bags - paper and cardboard - plastic containers - polystyrene - tins, cans and empty aerosols - christmas wrapping paper - product packaging - bottles, tins, cans
Asbestos - batteries, globes or chemicals - car parts - fabric, clothing and shoes - foam packagin - food scraps - garden waste - gas bottles - nappies and wipes.
Our handy Waste and Recycling Guide contains all this information and more plus it sticks to your fridge so you can always sort correctly! Every household in the City has been sent a guide; contact us if you didn't receive it or download our
digital version here. (Available in braille on request).
We want to reward you for sorting your waste correctly, so every month we'll be randomly selecting a street from the following suburbs and inspecting bins for examples of excellent sorting. The winner will be rewarded with a $200 Coles Myer gift voucher. All you need to do is sort according to our
Waste and Recycling Guide - it's that easy!
July 2016 - Balcatta, Stirling, Hamersley
August 2016 - Balga, Mirrabooka, Dianella
September 2016 - Carine, Watermans Bay, North Beach
October 2016 - Tuart Hill, Osborne Park
November 2016 - Yokine, Inglewood
December 2016 - Menora, Mt. Lawley, Coolbinia
January 2017 - Nollamara, Westminster
February 2017 - Innaloo, Karrinyup, Gwelup
March 2017 - Scarborough, Trigg, Doubleview
April 2017 - Wembley Downs, Churchlands
May 2017 - Wembley, Woodlands
June 2017 - Joondana, Glendalough
Waste and Recycling voucher competition terms and conditions:
1. Each month from July 2016 until June 2017 the City of Stirling will be looking for a Recycling Champion in that month's suburbs on a randomly selected street.
2. The City of Stirling will randomly select a suburb/ street / household at which the bins will be inspected by City of Stirling representatives.
3. If the randomly chosen household's waste is correctly sorted they may be chosen as the winner. The quality of sorting is judged solely by the City of Stirling.
4. The City of Stirling will contact the winners by e-mail and / or phone in order to notify them and to arrange delivery of the prize voucher.
5. If a winner cannot be reached in a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the City of Stirling, a new winner shall be chosen and notified.
6. Prizes are not negotiable and may only be transferred in agreement with the City of Stirling.
7. This draw is in no way endorsed or supported by Coles Myer.