Security Patrol Services -  24 Hour Security Hotline Number 1300 365 356

Hours of operation and response time

The City provides security patrols to cover areas within the City of Stirling, 24 hours a day,  7 days a week.

With an average response time to urgent calls of 10 minutes, our security patrol officers are often the first to arrive for many incidences that happen in the City.

About our Security Patrol Officers

Our Security Officers do not have the same powers as Police Officers.  

All Security Patrol Officers are licensed security officers with the Western Australia Police and hold formal qualifications in security operations and first aid. The Security Patrol Officers, along with our rangers, are a part of the Community Safety team at the City of Stirling.

The City of Stirling works closely with the Western Australia Police, particularly in the exchange of crime intelligence and information. Since starting the security patrols the City's assistance has helped Police make a number of arrests for offences such as vandalism and graffiti, theft and break-ins, as well as locating stolen cars and finding missing persons.

As well as conducting regular random patrols throughout the City of Stirling our Security Services attend to a wide range of matters including:

  • Reporting incidences of graffiti to private and public property
  • Reporting damage and vandalism
  • Deterring antisocial behaviour
  • Locating lost and stolen property
  • Providing community safety advice
  • Monitoring and reporting suspicious activity.

Requesting patrols

If you have a specific concern, call our 24 hour, 7 day a week security service on 1300 365 356 anytime, day or night, for a security officer to patrol your area.

Commercial premises

Owners of commercial premises are reminded that the City of Stirling's security patrols are not tasked with making nightly perimeter, door and window checks of properties. These are contract services provided by private sector security firms

What to do if you witness antisocial behaviour

If you spot antisocial behaviour, including someone committing graffiti or vandalism to property, call our security service and a security patrol officer will attend. You should also report all graffiti and vandalism to police on 131 444.

To report antisocial driving behaviour and excessive vehicle speed please complete our incident report form below.

Safe Streets Report Form  

Holiday watch

The City of Stirling provides a holiday watch service for private residences.

If you are going away for an extended period notify the City of Stirling either by telephone or by completing the Holiday Watch Request Form (below). Please ensure your request is submitted at least two weeks in advance of your departure for your holiday. 

Please print and complete the form and post it to:

Senior Security Officer
City of Stirling
25 Cedric Street, Stirling WA 6021
or scan and email to: 

Holiday Watch Form.pdfHoliday Watch Form

The security service will then provide random patrols of your property to give you peace of mind while you are away on holiday. They will also advise you on steps to take to make your home safer when you are away.