An election sign is a sign which encourages a person to vote for a particular political candidate, political party, referenda or matter relating to any Federal, State, or Local Government election.

Guidelines for Election Signs

All candidates are required to obtain the approval of the City to place or erect an election sign on Council property. Click here for further information.

Candidates wanting to display an election sign on private property must comply with the City's Local Planning Scheme No.3. Click here for further information.

For further information please contact the City on (08) 9205 8555.

Information on what must be included in electoral advertising and publications is provided in the  Western Australian Electoral Commission's Guide for Candidates (Postal Elections).