The Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir is located on the grounds of Balcatta Senior High School and is a highly utilised facility. The centre includes a sports hall and dance studio, with toilets and change room facilities. This page provides information on parking, fees and charges, conditions of hire and how to make a booking.
Address and how to get there
Located within the grounds of Balcatta Senior High School, the Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir was opened in 1980 as the state's first dual-use facility—used by the school during the day and by the community outside of school hours.
Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir
Balcatta Senior High School
Balcatta WA 6021
The Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir has ample off street parking.
Rooms available for hire
The Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir includes a sports hall and dance studio (room M5), with toilets and change room facilities.
* This venue is not available for functions, such as weddings, birthday parties, celebrations etc. *
The sports hall has the following features:
- 450m² parquetry wooden flooring
- Access to kitchen facilities
- Toilets and change rooms
Price: $15.00 per hour
Room M5 is suitable for activities such as dance, martial arts, callisthenics and has the following features:
- 144m² timber floor
- Air conditioning and fans
- Access to toilets
Price: $15.00 per hour
General enquiries and how to make a booking
Stirling Community Centres
25 Cedric Street
Stirling WA 6021
Tel: (08) 9205 8489
Fax: (08) 9205 8822
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed
How To Book
- Phone the Office to check availability of your preferred date(s) and times
- Download a Casual or Regular Hire Application Form
- Return the completed form with any insurance/incorporation certificates by email, fax or post.
Please note: Applications must be received at least 15 business days (three weeks) prior to the first booking date, with full payment due 10 business days (two weeks) prior. The application be will be processed within 5 business days from the time of receipt by a Community Recreation Centres staff member. Successful applicants will receive a Rental Contract confirming the booking, at which time a non-refundable $50.00 deposit will be payable to secure the booking. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire for further information.
Conditions of hire
All bookings in the Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir require a bond, which is refundable if all the terms and conditions are met.
- Provisional bookings
- Cancellation notice periods
- Charges, deposits and payments
- Conditions for bond refund
- Hire restrictions and prohibitions
- Responsibilities of the City of Stirling and hirers
- Cleaning up after the function/session
- Keys and security arrangements
- Disputes resolution.
Activities on offer
The Stirling Community Centres - WK Moir is home to a number of sporting and recreational permanent user groups who have been utilising the centre for many years. Please call the Office to find out what activities are currently taking place in the centre.