The Karrinyup Community Recreation Centre is offers a main hall and meeting/dance room for hire. There are also several existing groups that currently use the facility. Here you will also find information about fees, charges and conditions of hire, and how to book a room.
Address and how to get there
The Karrinyup Community Recreation Centre is located adjacent to the popular Karrinyup Shopping Centre and Karrinyup Library.
Karrinyup, WA 6018
Rooms available for hire
The Karrinyup Community Recreation Centre was built in 1977 and has been well utilised by City of Stirling residents and local groups ever since.
The main hall has the following features:
- 240 m² timber floor
- Maximum of 250 persons (depending on set up)
- Ceiling fans & heating
- Stage and 2 sets of change rooms
- Attached kitchen with fridge, stove and urn
- 30 tables and 250 chairs.
Casual: $50.00 per hour
Function: $590.00 per booking
Bond: From $500.00
The meeting room has the following features:
- 68 m² wooden floor
- Maximum of 70 persons (depending on set up)
- Air conditioning & heating
- Mirrored wall with fixed ballet bars
- 13 tables and 70 chairs.
Casual $27.50 per hour
Please download the plan of the Karrinyup Community Recreation Centre to view the internal layout.
Conditions of hire
- Provisional bookings
- Cancellation notice periods
- Charges, deposits and payments
- Conditions for bond refund
- Hire restrictions and prohibitions
- Responsibilities of the City of Stirling and hirers
- Cleaning up after the function/session
- Keys and security arrangements
- Disputes resolution.
General enquiries and how to make a booking
Community Recreation Centres
25 Cedric Street
Stirling WA 6021
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed
How To Book
- Phone the Office to check availability of your preferred date
- Download a Casual Hire Application Form
- Return the completed form with any additional information, applications or insurance/incorporation certificates to RecreatonCentres@stirling.wa.gov.au or post to PO Box 1533 Osborne Park WA 6916
- An Officer will contact you regarding your application within 10 days of receipt of the application.
Please note: Applications must be received (4) weeks prior to the first booking date with full payment due two (2) weeks prior. The application be will be processed within 10 working days from the time of receipt by a Community Recreation Centres staff member. Successful applicants will be receive a Rental Contract and invoice confirming the booking. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire for further information.
Programs and activities on offer
There are several activities taking place at the Jim Satchell Centre on a regular basis. Please download the Contact list for the coordinators of the following activities:
- Aero Dance
- Natalie Choularton School of Dance
- Caroline Edwards Dance School
- Cherie Priors Dance School
- Find Your Feet Yoga
- Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- Investors Club
- Over 50s Exercise Group
- Post-natal Fitness
- Prime Movers
- Solutions in Syncopation
- Stirling Drug Parent Support Group
- Stirling Theatre Organ
- Karrinyup Weight Watchers
- Zumba Fitness