This section contains information about how the City of Stirling selects suppliers for good and services. If you are interested in doing business with the City then you must read this section of the website and download the Statement of Business Ethics and Code of Conduct.
Ethics and integrity
All officers and employees of the City must observe the highest standards of ethics and integrity in undertaking purchasing activity and act in an honest and professional manner that supports the standing of the City.
The following principles, standards and behaviours must be observed and enforced through all stages of the purchasing process to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all parties:
- Full accountability is taken for all purchasing decisions and the efficient, effective and proper expenditure of public monies based on achieving value for money
- All purchasing practices comply with relevant legislation, regulations, and requirements consistent with City policies and the Code of Conduct
- Purchasing is undertaken on a competitive basis in which all potential suppliers are treated impartially, honestly and consistently
- All processes, evaluations and decisions are transparent, free from bias and fully documented in accordance with applicable policies and audit requirements
- Any actual or perceived conflicts of interest are identified, disclosed and appropriately managed
- Any information provided to the City by a supplier is treated as commercial-in-confidence and is not to be released unless authorised by the supplier or relevant legislation.
Where the value of procurement (excluding GST) is:
- for a supply or supplies over a one year period; or
- subject to a full contract period (including options to extend) the following price thresholds and purchasing policies apply:
|Up to $499.99
||Direct purchase from suppliers requiring only one verbal quotation. Written notes detailing each verbal quotation must be recorded. |
|$500.00 - $1,999.99
Obtain at least two genuine written quotations containing price and specification or technical description of goods and services.
|$2,000.00 - $99,999.99
||Request at least three genuine written quotations containing price and specification or technical description of goods and services (with procurement decision based on all value-for-money considerations).|
|$100,000 & above
||Conduct a public tender process.|
Value for money
Value for money is an overarching principle governing purchasing that allows the best possible outcome to be achieved for the City. It is important to note that compliance with the specification is more important than obtaining the lowest price, particularly taking into account user requirements, quality standards, sustainability, life cycle costing and service benchmarks.
The City of Stirling is committed to sustainable procurement and where appropriate will endeavour to design quotations and tenders to provide goods, services and/or processes that minimise environmental and negative social impacts. Sustainable considerations must be balanced against value-for-money outcomes in accordance with the City’s sustainability objectives.